Local Development Framework
The Core Strategy sets out the long-term spatial vision for the whole of the Nottingham City Council area. It includes policies for delivering the strategy and a key diagram; as well as general criteria-based policies for assessing all planning applications. This is a Development Plan Document (DPD) and will be subject to independent examination.
- The Core Strategy sets out the key elements of the planning framework for the area. It should contain:
- a spatial strategy
- core policies
- a monitoring and implementation framework with clear objectives for achieving delivery
- a spatial vision and strategic objectives for the area
- It must be kept up-to-date
- Once adopted, all other Development Plan Documents must be in conformity with it
- It plays a key part in the delivery of Nottingham's Sustainable Community Strategy (SCS, "The Nottingham Plan to 2020")
- It should express those parts of the Nottingham Plan to 2020 that relate to the development and use of land
- It should also outline the City Council's strategy for delivering strategic development needs, including housing, leisure and retail
For further information and documentation please see Nottingham City's Core Strategy.
Greater Nottingham Aligned Core Strategies
The City Council's Core Strategy is being prepared in partnership with the surrounding Borough and District Councils in Greater Nottingham. This will ensure that the future development of Greater Nottingham is planned in a consistent and comprehensive way.
More details of the alignment and partnership process can be found at Greater Nottingham Growth Point.